Working hard ... Squatting and Throwing


In our usual fashion, we ran, sprint and jumped, throw the medicine ball around, but the most interesting exercise all was the BODY BLADE. If you do not know what it is, it is a piece of blade, made of special material, that will vibrate when you move it. Everyone was struggling with it last week and I was laughing at almost everybody. Hahahaha. Then when it was my turn, I made a fool of myself. It was easy for the first 10 seconds, then after a while, you would start to feel like the blade was shaking you instead of you shaking the blade. By the 20th second, it would then start to feel like you were having a constipation. The exercise was to go on for 30 seconds, but it was like an eternity.
First 10 seconds...


I always love jumping exercises and maybe that is why there was quite a bit of jumping exercises in this program. My favourite exercise was depth jump with sprint. What I got people to do was to leap off a bench and then jump up instantly to catch a high ball, and then followed by a short sprint. The satisfaction from jumping as high as you could to get a seemingly impossible to catch high ball is always indescribable. I loved that feeling, and I think Lijuan liked it too. I showed her the picture of her leaping into the air, and she was so excited. By the way, she can jump! And by the way, rumour has it that an opponent of ours think that Lijuan looked super energetic and zippy on court and she planned to stick to her like glue when she play her. Lijuan, you hard work and your natural flair has daunted our opponent! BRAVO!

It's a bird, it's a plane, no... it's Lijuan
I hope the other regulars feel energised too. I know I am because I could think better on court now that I don't have to breathe so hard.
1 comment:
Waiyee, i think ur power circuit really works cos i suspect my passes are stronger now. This wk during trg, my down the court lobs to the WA was sucky to say the least!And the worse thing was it felt quite like a carefully measured pass to me when it left my hand (yes i followed thru too)..but all of them sailed over our poor WA (pat/juan/chieh).I must readjust....sobs
Post a Comment