Sunday, January 28, 2007

Tidbits From Daisy Tan Netball Carnival 2007

Most Importantly - Results
Sneakers Ace came in Champion. We beat Nike Air in the finals.
We're the Champions with grace, determination and dignity!

Record against Nike-Air for the day
2-1. We beat them twice in the play-offs and they beat us once earlier in the day during the round robin segment. We were of course the ultimate winner! By the way we were also the only top finisher of the competition that stayed for the prize presentation as a team.
Number of games played
7 games for Ace, Force and Speed in the morning. Another 2 in the afternoon play-offs for Ace. Speed played their best and did well as rookies. They gave their opponents a good run for their money. Force was very unlucky. They did everything right but our Blaze opponent lost to X-NIJ unexpectedly and forced them into a three-way tie. Unfortunately Force lost in goal difference and was squeezed out of the play-offs. It is ok Force, you'll show them your true colours next time in a full game!

Speed and Force

Length of the competition
I left my apartment at dusk! First game was at eight and we did not finish till 5p.m in the afternoon! What a long long day...

Caged in for the day

Attire
A set of brand new Adidas "Formotion" tennis outfit which most Adidas sponsored Tennis stars are currently wearing. The design of the outfit was very breathable, and the design accentuated womanly curves. Also, the design was specially built for Asian bodies, but the fit was debatable for Wai Yee. The new outfit was brilliantly white too. These pictures were taken before the games started, but by the end of the day, all of us looked like we came back from mud wrestling.


Vogue girls

Best Dressed
Needless to say - Sneakers Ace. Sorry Force and Speed, I wore this set of outfit so we have to be the best dressed because I am bias... hahahaha.
Perfect Attire

Best Quips from Yee Leen
1. "Perform!"
2. "Give them hell!"
3. Referring to our attire, "Top $79.90, Bottom $69.90, player... priceless."

The zippiest MF that personified Yee Leen's "give them hell" motto.

Spectators
In our usual unified fashion, all the Sneakers players stayed to watch the finals. We also have other special guests. Gaby brought her children to watch us and Susan's family (two sons and husband) was also present to watch the game. My friend Teresa and her sister Ada also came. She said the game was so exciting that she was jumping up and down the spectator stand to cheer for us. She even asked for pom-pom when she arrived. Hey, can we make a set of pom-poms for her when we play National League?


The perfect smiles

Message for Speed - Yinyan
So... we fouled the "toilet scheme," did we not?
The perfect jump

Scores on Body Aches
I am quite sure everyone was pretty much sore all over the next day. But guess what, my face, especially my cheek bones, were sore too! All thanks to the sandwich situation by the two shooters when we played Nike-Air. I was squashed like a piece of beef patty when we tussled for a loose ball, and my face was not spared in the process. When I told Wenhui about it, she said I should wear a mask to play next time. Haha.

Wai Yee's Impression for the day
Chasing and sticking onto my shooter non-stop and all day long. All "stuck" out for now. Ha-le-lu-ya, no training at all next week!

BEST DEFENSE UNIT (WD-GD-GK) IN THE PLAY-OFFS
I say we are the hardest working defense unit! We worked hard for every play, and my favourite interception was the one that Yee Leen got at the semi-circle. It was just fantastic!

The perfect box out

Lost and Found
One brand new water bottle and two not so new towels. Storage charge applicable and not to tell Jiao Lian I found a newly issued water bottle also chargeable... ok just kidding.

And lastly...

IT WAS THE PERFECT DAY.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tell you, yesterday was just fantastic... anyway, as i scrolled down i read with abated breath.... i was hoping against hope that you would have uploaded a pic of a brolly!!! but horrors of horrors, all i saw was winner the pooh! bah... did anyone erm happen to keep a nissan brolly? mama kwok is so going to slaughter me for being such a birdbrain... but guys, it was just fantastic watching you all.. congrats!

thamwaiyee said...

Hi, I remember there were some umbrellas lying around and I knew someone took them. I am sure someone has it. Broadcast through the yahoo mail... don't think that may people look at this blog. By the way it's Winnie the Pooh not Winner... haha